Thursday 10 November 2011

Reduce College Stress: Top 3 Ways to Organize

One of the best ways to reduce college stress is to get organized. Even in the middle of the semester of college classes it’s not too late! Here is the top 3 methods that have worked best for me. 

1. I have found the best way for me is to get a binder with a clear pocket on the front, where I place the class schedule, with exam dates highlighted. Inside the binder I have tabbed dividers where I have everything organized by the class. In the front is blank notebook paper with a 3 hole punch. Following is my course syllabus and assignment sheets, lecture notes and power points, research articles for my final papers, and course work. I have 2 courses in this binder that fall on the same day. Most of this can be recycled semester after semester, just changing out the course materials. Saving money helps reduce my stress too. 


2. I utilize a dry erase board. I found the best way to keep up with all of the homework and things coming up soon is to write it down in a place I visit frequently, the fridge. I have my board divided into 4 courses, and a blank spot for work/personal things. I placed clear tape over the dividing lines so it won't erase easily, alone with over the course titles. As things are coming up I add them to the board. It feels relieving to erase the things I have accomplished. At the end of the semester, I can peel it off and start again for the next semester, saving money.
 
3. Keep supplies close! Everyone needs pens and pencils. I prefer a cosmetics bag as it is smaller than the typical pencil pouches, and I like the clear plastic. I like being able to quickly see what I am reaching for instead of digging and making noise in a quite classroom during lecture. Inside my pencil case is a host of supplies for school, including some pens of different colors, mechanical pencils, highlighters, a spare flash drive, paper clips, and sticky notes for marking pages or chapters in text books.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment